Project: Tedco Agri Makmur, Bandur Lampung
The project included the design, installation and commissioning of a closed lagoon anaerobic bioreactor on the settling lagoon of a cassava mill; the Tedco Agri Makmur in Bandur Lampung, Sumatra.
The objective of the project was to treat the high levels of COD found in the mill effluent and to ensure that the methane gas produced could not escape to the atmosphere and contribute to the greenhouse effect.
The project commenced with the design phase and a period of testing to ensure that all parameters of the wastewater and the location were known before investment in the plant began.
Key Project Data
The project was designed to treat the effluent produced from the production of cassava, one of the staple foods of Asia. The mill processes 200 tonnes of cassava a day and the lagoon was built to handle 50,000m3 of wastewater, with 3,600m3 being produced on a daily basis.
It was designed to process over 1,000Nm3/hour of biogas, the equivalent of 2 MWe and enough energy to power the entire operation leaving an excess to export.
Project budget of USD $4 million.
Project delivered within the specified programme and on budget.
Features of CLBR POME
- Proven Principle
- Low construction costs
- No internal baffles
- High conversion efficiency through excellent internal mixing and high retention of anaerobic bacteria
- Enhanced facility for periodic sediment solids removal from the lagoon reactor
- Optional facility for floating scum removal and recycling
- Internal gas storage for black starts
- Enhanced cover design for high safety standards
- Integrated storm water removal system
Advantages of CLBR
- Proven technology with many sites constructed in SE Asia over the last 10 years
- Low cost when compared with tank digesters
- Corrosion resistant, low maintenance
- Improvements on cover design with special emphasis on safety
- Compact, integrated design of recycle and influent pumping station
- Long hydraulic and solids retention time achieve excellent treatment efficiency of complex wastewater
- No concerns on biomass retention
- High process stability after shock loading
- Versatile and adaptable to many different conditions
- Use of durable and UV stabilized materials
- Family of designs for specific purposes